Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Amazing Oreo Cheesecake Bars


I'm so glad Rachel kicked off the week here with her very healthy looking salad so I could have complete license to take us down, down, down into the sugar gutter.

My hankering for something wildly fatty and sugary started with a major jonesing for cheesecake. I wanted it and I wanted it bad. And then I started thinking about Double Stuffed Oreos (did you know you can follow Oreos on Twitter? What exactly would that mean? What does an Oreo have to tell us about its day?). Anyway it wasn't long before a moment of brilliance struck: Why not combine the two into a sinfully delicious dessert?

And so I did.

The result, I am happy to report, is a new favorite concoction. It's also ridiculously easy to make, i.e. you can have all the creamy wonderfulness of cheesecake without all the time-consuming prep. About the longest anything takes here is the time it needs to cool in the fridge — assuming you can wait that long. :)

Oreo Cheesecake Bars

ingredients
12 ounces of softened cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

for the crust
1 1/2 cups crushed Oreos
5 tablespoons of melted butter

method
Heat oven to 325 degrees.
Crush the Oreos with a pestle in a bowl. Melt the butter and then pour into the bowl and mix well. Press into an 8" X 8" baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper.

In another bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamy. I used a hand mixed and it took a few minutes.

Pour into the pan.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set and just starting to get brown on the edges. Let cool for about 15 minutes. Then place in the fridge for a couple of hours to completely set.

No comments:

Post a Comment