Thursday, September 9, 2010

Egg Noodles with Smoked Trout and Sweet Corn Sauce

Rachel here: Things have been pretty hectic in our house as of late since I've started back at school. Those of you who've been reading for a while know that life was filled to the brim last year when I was in school and John was working, so with the addition of M to our family we are definitely feeling pretty scrambled around here these days. Fortunately, we had the foresight to save some of the food our dear friends and family made us right after M was born for these past few weeks (in fact, Ma, I just ate the last of your roasted vegetable soup and it was deeeeelicious). We didn't save much, though, and this has led to a lot of pretty simple dinners (we'd be lost without sausages). Even if we hadn't been investing so little time to our dinners around here these days, though, the dinner John made the other night would have been a stand-out.

In typical John fashion, he didn't write anything down, instead tasting as he went along until everything was just right (oh, this is a skill I wish I possessed...and really enjoy that John does). In case you cook similarly, I offer his ingredient list to you: egg noodles, shallot, garlic, sweet corn, cream, smoked trout. I'm sure a picture would help guide you, but I was too busy eating to take any. If you give this dish a shot, right down what you do and share it with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment