Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pita Pizzas

Rachel here: The other night I made Pita Pizzas from the most recent issue of the Food Network magazine. In a miraculous twist of fate, M fell asleep while I was cooking. When this happened I started cooking as fast as I could and opted not to photograph any part of it in hopes of not only finishing cooking but also eating before she awoke. I lit candles in the dining room and poured glasses of wine before putting dinner on the table and calling John in to eat. Of course, M woke up 5 minutes after John and I sat down at the table, but for those 5 minutes John and I sat and not only ate together, but looked at each other and talked while we ate. When M awoke we took turns soothing her, determined to finish our dinner in just each other's company. Though I'm pretty sure we both liked the recipe (it was so simple and yummy with kalamata olives, arugula, tomatoes and grilled onions...click through here for photos and the recipe's details), the mini-date was hands down the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment